Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
Purchasable with gift card
£3GBP or more
«In the late 1950′s the East German government decided that it needed to develop an ability to produce electronic music for film and TV for ‘Eastern block’ media as well as provide a platform ‘serious’ modern electronic music to compete with the likes of WDR Electronic Music Studio in west Germany. The result of this was the foundation of the first East European electronic music studio under the auspices of the East German National Radio (RFZ) in 1956 (and closed in 1970). The studio was called the “Labor für Akustisch-Musikalische Grenzprobleme” ( laboratory for problems at the border of acoustics/music ), and in 1960 the ‘Subharchord’ was created as the centrepiece of the Laboratory.»
Commissioned by Atelier Nord. Supported by Arts Council Norway.
Thanks to Ivar Smedstad and Ina Pillat. Gerhard Steinke, Georg Geike and Klaus Bechtstein from Labor für Akustisch-Musikalische Grenzprobleme.